Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Two Videos by Corbijn

Another fun YouTube discovery to share!  I've been a huge fan of U2 for many years, and have thus been familiar w/ the work of Anton Corbjin who did the photography for many of their albums and directed several of their music videos.  He also directed one of my favorite non-U2 videos, Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence."  Today I discovered a video he directed for another of my favorite bands, Coldplay... in fact, "Viva La Vida" is my favorite Coldplay song.  What makes this even cooler is that the video Corbijn did for "Viva La Vida" is a tribute (or sequel?) to "Enjoy the Silence."

I like the fact that where Dave Gahan ends up alone at the end of "Silence," Chris Martin is joined by his fellow band members at the end of "Viva."  The way he smiles and acknowledges them seems to add an optimistic twist to the end of the song -- a song about a man who lost everything... he lost everything (but still has his friends).


Here are both; two of my favorite music videos:





No comments:

Post a Comment