Sunday, May 27, 2012

Halestorm, Pig Pick’n, and I Protest!


FRIDAY NIGHT

Ma’am, her hound, and a very cute lady she’s seeing (one of the six people my Owner is currently involved with… as someone – I believe Groucho Marx or maybe his brother Karl – put it: “Even God slept on the seventh day!") joined a couple of our friends at a Halestorm concert Friday night.  That is a run-on sentence… but I like it, so I’m going to keep it.  The concert rocked!!!!!  I think Lizzy Hale will be my new celebrity crush.

SATURDAY

For Memorial Day weekend, CAPEX (my home club) traditionally does a cook out which we call the “Pig Pick’n.”  We originally did it at a pavilion in the park, we did it at a the Charlotte Eagle a couple of years, but the last several years we’ve done it at the home of one of our contributors who has a large, private back yard.  This year we had a very small turn-out (about 35 people – which is maybe half what we usually get)… but that wasn’t so bad, b/c it made for a nice opportunity to just sit about in lawn chairs and get caught-up w/ friends.  Ma’am brought only one toy w/ her: her sap gloves… which we’ve both grown very fond of.  So she did take an opportunity to beat the hell out of me w/ her sap gloves on.  Yummy.

Also noteworthy:  I have an old friend who identifies w/ the vampire archetype.  She knows I identify w/ the werewolf, and she wants to do an (Underworld inspired) interrogation scene w/ me as her werewolf prisoner.  Should be fun!  :)

SUNDAY

There’s this redneck church about 25 or 30 miles up the road from where I live.  The pastor, Charles Worley recently told his congregation that his (final) solution to dealing with lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender people was to send them all to concentration camps surrounded by electrified fencing to die.  He also said from the pulpit that his congregation shouldn’t vote for President Obama b/c Obama is “a baby-killer and a homosexual lover” (which violates the laws for not-for-profits and should void their tax exempt status).  The video went on the net and it became a national news story.  (America, meet my idiot neighbors!)  Today, there was a protest against Worley and his church, so I hopped on the motorcycle to drop in on the protest for a bit.  People were scattered about, so it was hard to get a headcount… but it looked like we broke 1000.  Some of the signs were very clever.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a picture of my favorite: a little boy holding up a sign that read, “I’m 10 and even I know bigotry is wrong.”  That was my favorite; short, simple, and impossible to argue with!



2 comments:

  1. Proud of you puppy!! Glad you went to protest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the protest to protest! It's a noun and a verb! Like building a building! :P

    ReplyDelete